I've been that person on the treadmill, flipping through People magazine. I show up, “work out” and leave and nobody noticed if I’d skip a day. Looking back it’s no wonder that I never got the results I wanted. So I got brave and tried CrossFit and discovered that CrossFit is the Cheers of the work out world - where everyone knowns you name. A friendly and accepting place, where everyone is an athlete, and everyone’s attendance, participation and progress matters. Is it physically hard? Yes, and some days I am sore. What I would tell someone who is thinking about CrossFit is that it can change your life in amazing ways. I’m stronger and have better flexibility, but what I didn’t realize when I walked in the door is the friends I would make and how important our community is. I’ll never treadmill alone again.
So imagine for a moment you took that first step and walked into Jet City? Then what???
- Don't worry about being the new kid. Someone will walk up to you and get the ball rolling. You are not alone.
- Say something to your coach. If you don’t have your “A” game, or are feeling intimidated, let them know. There is always an alternative.
- Stronger than yesterday. Really, each work out is an investment in yourself, your loved ones, and your community. Be healthy for the long hall.
- Stretch it out. Dedicate some extra time in or out of the gym to stretch, your body will thank you.
- Celebrate every victory, reinforce the positive, and keep on keeping on because the CrossFit journey is worth it!